Master of Science in
Master of Science in
Next Application Deadline: August 20
Special Online Event: An Inside Look at the MS in Cybersecurity
Get a first-hand look inside the online MS in Cybersecurity at Quinnipiac during this short online event hosted by the program director, Fred Scholl. Join us for a short presentation and live Q&A session to see how this program can help your reach your career goals. Click here to register now.
July 14, 2021 at 12 p.m. ET
To qualify for admission into the MS in Cybersecurity program, a student must have completed a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution and meet one of the following criteria:
- Hold an undergraduate degree in computer engineering, software engineering or computer science OR
- Hold an undergraduate degree in another area with applicable coursework or certificates in network technology, database management and programming OR
- Have at least 2 years of applicable work experience or military service including experience with network technology, database management technology and programming OR
- Receive approval of Program Director
If you do not have the above technical training but have a passion for cybersecurity and motivation to learn, we will provide you with short course recommendations to get you prepared for our program. These short courses will include:
- Programming with Python
- Introduction to Computer Networks
- Understanding Database Management Systems
- Introduction to Linux and the Command Line
A complete application consists of the following:
- An application form
- $45 application fee
- Personal statement
- A current resume
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work completed
Standardized test scores (such as GMAT or GRE) submitted by the students in support of the application also are considered, but are not required.
Please note that admission is competitive and that meeting the minimum admission standards does not guarantee acceptance. Applications are considered on a rolling basis, and students may apply to enter during the fall or spring semesters. Candidates are encouraged to submit applications as early as possible to ensure consideration for the semester desired. Applications are evaluated once all materials and the application fee are received by Quinnipiac. Students can expect to receive a decision within four weeks of submitting a completed application.