Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
For registered nurses looking to stay competitive, Quinnipiac University's online bachelor of science in nursing (RN to BSN) program is ideal. Get the knowledge and tools you need to evolve in the ever-changing world of health care and meet the demand for a better-educated nursing workforce.
This intellectually stimulating program, taught by knowledgeable faculty members with real-world experience, prepares you with the skills and understanding you need to go further, all while embracing the culture of compassion and the connection to people and their communities that the profession embodies.
- Be an active registered nurse (RN)
- Hold an associate of science in nursing from a regionally accredited program or a diploma in nursing
- Candidates who are new graduates from an associate degree or diploma program must pass the NCLEX-RN® no later than at the completion of their first semester of classes
- Meet additional standard admission requirements
The online bachelor of science in nursing (RN to BSN) program can be completed entirely online and allows students to transfer up to 90 credits. No residency is required.
Are you an RN interested in earning your master's degree?
Students interested in earning their BSN and then proceeding on to earn their MSN may be eligible to enter into our RN to MSN program. Click here to learn more.
Are you an RN already holding a bachelor’s degree?
You may be eligible to enter into our MS in nursing in operational leadership program. Click here to learn more.
|Fall Application Deadline: August 14|
|Click here to apply now|
The bachelor of science in nursing is a 120-credit degree completion program and allows you to transfer in a maximum of 90 credits. The curriculum prepares registered nurses to advance their roles with courses that focus on building knowledge of modern global issues and ethical theory, understanding of evidence-based nursing, development of research skills and full coverage of topics like disease, public health and vulnerable populations.View Curriculum
Upon completion of the program, the BSN graduate will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Integrate the university's core liberal education into generalist nursing practice.
- Apply principles of basic organizational and system leadership to deliver high-quality and safe patient care.
- Employ evidence to deliver best practices in health care.
- Utilize information management and patient care technologies to deliver safe and effective health care.
- Recognize the impact of health care policy, finance and regulatory environments on the delivery of patient care.
- Demonstrate interprofessional communication and collaboration for improving health outcomes.
- Incorporate the concepts of prevention and population health in the delivery of health care.
- Exhibit professional standards and values.
Our expert faculty is made up of insightful scholars and experienced professionals who use a student-centered approach to teaching to provide more enriching educational experiences. Graduates are equipped to provide quality care for diverse individuals, families, communities and populations in a wide range of settings.
Located within the Center for Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences, the School of Nursing features a pediatric lab and a model apartment to teach students how to provide care in residential settings, in addition to traditional classrooms and seminar rooms. The 325,000-square-foot building is uniquely designed for collaborative learning among medical, nursing and health sciences students and faculty.
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
The bachelor’s degree program in nursing, the master’s degree program in nursing, and the doctor of nursing practice program at Quinnipiac University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street, NW, Suite 750, Washington, D.C. 20001, 202-887-6791.
Review the details of each program to find the best fit for your educational and career goals.
Discuss admission requirements with your admission counselor.
Submit your application online.