BS in Health Science Studies
Whether you've already earned your associate's degree in a health care field, such as diagnostic imaging or respiratory therapy, or have completed college credits, a bachelor's in health science studies can help you get the competitive edge you need to go further. The program is also designed to help those interested in making a complete career change and taking advantage of the many opportunities opening up in the vast and diverse health care industry.
This degree will give you the solid foundation you need for career advancement, or help as you continue on to graduate-level work in a health sciences field such as nutrition, optometry, cardiovascular perfusion, chiropractic medicine, medical laboratory sciences, radiology or dentistry.
Are you interested in earning your master's degree?
With permission of both the undergraduate and graduate program directors, students who are interested in pursuing graduate education upon the completion of their bachelor's may elect to take 9 credits of graduate-level coursework as part of their bachelor curriculum. These credits may then be applied to graduate coursework in Quinnipiac's Professional MBA program or online MS in Organizational Leadership.
|Summer Application Deadline: May 7|
|Click here to apply now|
The online bachelor of science in health science studies is a 120-credit degree completion program and allows you to transfer in a maximum of 75 credits. The curriculum takes students to the next level, with courses that focus on nurturing critical thinking, building knowledge of modern global issues and bioethics, development of research and writing skills and full coverage of topics such as disease, aging and human behavior.View Curriculum
Upon completion of the Health Science Studies online BS completion program, students will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Scientific Knowledge: Demonstrate proficiency in core scientific principles in the disciplines of biology, chemistry and physics.
- Interprofessional Communication: Effectively and professionally share information across the medical professions via written and oral communication.
- Health Systems: Develop an advanced knowledge of the US Healthcare system and effectively describe challenges/issues that affect it.
- Evidence Informed Practice: Critically evaluate biomedical information and sources to confirm validity and reliability.
- Responsible Citizen: Weigh the historical, social, moral and ethical implications of scientific practices and discoveries on medical care.
Both the graduate and undergraduate programs at Quinnipiac University's School of Health Sciences have earned a reputation for excellence in education. Top practitioners and scholars help students thrive – both in the classroom and online. The lessons and mentoring opportunities afforded by this program can give students a definitive edge as they pursue their careers in a growing health care industry.
School of Health Sciences graduates are recruited by top organizations that seek their advanced knowledge of health care research and associated skills.
Review the details of each program to find the best fit for your educational and career goals.
Discuss admission requirements with your admission counselor.
Submit your application online.