An applicant to the master of science in nursing in operational leadership (MSN) program must be a registered nurse and hold a bachelor's degree. The ideal candidate will have earned an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
Applications are considered on a rolling basis and are evaluated once all materials are received by Quinnipiac. Classes begin in August for the fall semester and January for the spring semester. Students are encouraged to submit their applications as early as possible for their desired semester.
A complete application consists of the following:
- an application form
- $45 application fee
- two professional or academic recommendations
- proof of an active registered nurse (RN) license
- a current resume or curriculum vitae
- transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended
- personal statement - The personal statement allows you the opportunity to provide us with information about yourself that does not appear on your resume. In 500 words or less, please:
- express your professional goals and motivations for seeking a degree from Quinnipiac University at this time.
- describe a nursing experience that has influenced or shaped your practice.
Please note that admission is competitive and meeting the minimum admission standards does not guarantee admission into the program.
All accepted students will also be required to complete a background check following acceptance and before the start of classes. Acceptances will be conditional prior to satisfactory completion of both. You will receive instructions for completing this background check by email after being accepted into the program.
The background check will include:
- Social security number validation/verification
- Criminal record searches (statewide, county and federal searches)
- National criminal database search
- Sex offender registry search
- Sanctions based search