An applicant to the doctor of nursing program must be a registered nurse or NCLEX eligible nurse and have a bachelor's degree in nursing or another field. The desired candidate will have obtained an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a scale of 4.0. Additionally, applicants to the program must also have a master's degree in a relevant field.
A complete application consists of the following:
- an application form
- application fee
- two letters of recommendation
- proof of an active registered nurse (RN) license
- a current resume or curriculum vitae
- transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended
- personal statement - The personal statement allows you the opportunity to provide us with information about yourself that does not appear on your resume. Please describe your professional goals and motivations.
- verification from your prior master's program indicating the total number of supervised clinical hours that you completed as a part of that program. Download the form (PDF)
- a minimum of 1,000 clinical hours - Up to 500 hours can be included from the applicant's master's degree. If additional hours are needed, applicants may register for an additional two credit course (NUR 621 - Post-Master's Additional Graduate Clinical) to gain the additional clinical hours needed.
- completed background check (directions for completing your background check are below)
Background check directions:
- Visit the Application Station website
- Enter QUINCBCNURSE in the Application Station Code field.
- Click the "Sign Up Now" button to create an account.
- Follow the instructions on the Application Station website.
The cost is $60 ($129 for applicants from New York). The background check will include:
- Social security number validation/verification
- Criminal record searches (statewide, county and federal searches)
- National criminal database search
- Sex offender registry search
- Sanctions based search
Note: For those students interested in the Nurse Anesthesia track, additional admissions requirements can be found here.