Applying for Financial Aid
To qualify for federal loans, you must:
- Be accepted into a degree granting program
- Be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident or eligible non-citizen as defined by the FAFSA
- Not be in default on any federal student loans
- Have registered with the Selective Service (if you are a male student)
- Register for at least half-time* enrollment (per semester)
- Meet the University satisfactory academic progress policies:
*Half-time enrollment is considered 6 credits for undergraduate students and 5-8 credits for graduate students
DEADLINE: Please be sure to have all documents submitted at least three weeks before the end of the semester if applying late.
- Visit the FAFSA website and use school code 001402 for QU to receive your FAFSA results.
- After the FAFSA is submitted (with no errors or rejects), a financial aid file will be created and reviewed. Use school code 001402 for QU to receive your FAFSA results.
- You will be contacted if any additional information is needed. Please be sure to check your QU email – all financial aid communication will be sent only to this email.
- Access your award letter by visiting our secure website.
- Accept/Decline and be sure to submit your award letter.
The below forms are in PDF format and require Adobe Reader.
- 2017-18 Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan Request Sheet: This form is to be completed by a graduate student who wishes to borrow under the Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan Program and serves as authorization to run a credit check.
- 2017-18 Graduate PLUS Loan Increase Request: This form is to be completed by a graduate student who wishes to increase their Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan amount for a loan that has been previously requested, credit approved and processed for the same time period.
- Request for Additional Funds for Computer Purchase: Graduate students who will take out additional loan funds to reimburse themselves for the purchase of a computer must complete this form.
- 2017-18 Verification Worksheet #1: To be completed only if requested, this form is used to verify information related to the FAFSA.
- 2017-2018 Non-Filer Verifcation: Only to be completed by nontax filers if requested, this form is used to verify information related to the FAFSA.
- 2017-18 Certification of True, Exact & Complete Copy of Original Document: This form is for the collection of DHS or other U.S. citizenship/nationality documents from students unable to present their documents in person.
- Quinnipiac University Employer Tuition Benefit Promissory Note: Students receiving education benefits or reimbursement through their employer must complete this form prior to entry into their chosen program.
- IRS Form 4506-T (IRS non-filer verification): Complete this form to order a transcript or other tax return information free of charge.
- Release of Information: Complete this form if you would like to allow the Online Financial Aid office to discuss matters of your financial aid and account with a third party.