Applying for Financial Aid
To qualify for federal loans, you must:
- Be accepted into a degree granting program
- Be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident or eligible non-citizen as defined by the FAFSA
- Not be in default on any federal student loans
- Have registered with the Selective Service (if you are a male student)
- Register for at least half-time* enrollment (per semester)
- Meet the University satisfactory academic progress policy
*Half-time enrollment is considered 6 credits for undergraduate students and 5-8 credits for graduate students
DEADLINE: Please be sure to have all documents submitted at least three weeks before the end of the semester if applying late.
- Visit the FAFSA website and use school code 001402 for QU to receive your FAFSA results.
- After the FAFSA is submitted (with no errors or rejects), a financial aid file will be created and reviewed. Use school code 001402 for QU to receive your FAFSA results.
- You will be contacted if any additional information is needed. Please be sure to check your QU email – all financial aid communication will be sent only to this email.
- Access your award letter by visiting our secure website.
- Accept/Decline and be sure to submit your award letter.
The below forms are in PDF format and require Adobe Reader.
- 2015-16 Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan Request Sheet: This form is to be completed by a graduate student who wishes to borrow under the Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan Program and serves as authorization to run a credit check.
- Request for Additional Funds for Computer Purchase: Graduate students who will take out additional loan funds to reimburse themselves for the purchase of a computer must complete this form.
- 2015-16 Verification Worksheet #1: To be completed only if requested, this form is used to verify information related to the FAFSA.