Applying for Financial Aid
To qualify for federal loans, you must:
- Be accepted into a degree granting program
- Be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident or eligible non-citizen as defined by the FAFSA
- Not be in default on any federal student loans
- Have registered with the Selective Service (if you are a male student)
- Register for at least half-time* enrollment (per semester)
- Meet the University satisfactory academic progress policies:
*Half-time enrollment is considered 6 credits for undergraduate students and 5-8 credits for graduate students
DEADLINE: Please be sure to have all documents submitted at least three weeks before the end of the semester if applying late.
- Visit the FAFSA website and use school code 001402 for QU to receive your FAFSA results.
- After the FAFSA is submitted (with no errors or rejects), a financial aid file will be created and reviewed. Use school code 001402 for QU to receive your FAFSA results.
- You will be contacted if any additional information is needed. Please be sure to check your QU email – all financial aid communication will be sent only to this email.
- Access your award letter by visiting our secure website.
- Accept/Decline and be sure to submit your award letter.
The below forms are in PDF format and require Adobe Reader.
- Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan Request Sheet 2019-2020: This form is to be completed by a graduate student who wishes to borrow under the Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan Program and serves as authorization to run a credit check.
- Loan Increase Request for 2019-2020 Federal Direct Graduate Plus: Graduate students should use this form if they are seeking to increase their Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan amount for a loan that has been previously requested, credit approved and processed for the same time period.
- Request for Additional Funds for Computer Purchase: Graduate students who will take out additional loan funds to reimburse themselves for the purchase of a computer must complete this form.
- Verification Worksheet #1: To be completed only if requested, this form is used to verify information related to the FAFSA.
- Dependent Verification Worksheet: To be completed only if requested, this form is used to verify information related to the FAFSA.
- Non-Filer Verification: Only to be completed by nontax filers if requested, this form is used to verify information related to the FAFSA.
- Verification of Income for Parent Nontax Filers – Dependent Student: This form is only to be completed by nontax filers of a dependent student if requested to verify information related to the FAFSA.
- Release of Information: Complete this form if you would like to allow the Online Financial Aid office to discuss matters of your financial aid and account with a third party.
- Promissory Note for Cigna Employees: Cigna employees receiving education benefits or reimbursement must complete this form prior to entry into their chosen program.
- Partnership Verification Form: Members of partner organizations who are eligible for tuition discounts must complete this form to verify their employment prior to receiving these benefits.
- Verification of Identity & Statement of Educational Purpose: To be completed only if requested, this form is used to verify your identity and information related to the FAFSA.